Sunday, July 11, 2010

Playlist Highlights



Nevermind the cheesy Miami Vice scenes here, unless you like that sort of thing (not that there's anything wrong with that!)...this is probably one of the most motivational songs on my iPod, so I love when it shuffles into the long run's playlist. I was lucky enough to get it yesterday morning. As ridiculous as it may sound, fresh off a soundtrack and several LSU Tigers football championship highlight videos later, this cover has always been a "recovery song" for me. Hearing it now transports me forward to an October morning in New Orleans, when I'll take that last step across the finish line and know that I can accomplish something that has nothing to do with being thin.

"I was there and I saw what you did,
I saw it with my own two eyes...
so you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been -
it's all been a pack of lies.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
And I've been waiting for this moment for all my life..."

I'm waiting. I can almost taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment